8 Tips to help you create your PERSONAL BRAND
You too are a brand whether you know it or not. Whether you like it or not
- Mark Ecko
A brand is a mark that helps distinguish a person, company or an organization from others. The beauty of a brand is that it can be represented by words, images, designs, values or even a particular professional approach.
Personal branding is about managing your name even when you don’t own a business, In a world where there is misinformation, disinformation and semi permanent recall value, your brand says everything even before you enter a room, that is exactly why Jeff Bezos, founder and CEO of Amazon states “Branding is what people say about you when you are not in the room.”
If you are thinking about personal branding, here are some tips in no particular order to help you navigate your way around it.
- Be Everywhere- The number of social media platforms online are quite a few, to create a personal brand it is important to be present on all or most of them, staying active on platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn etc gives the right amount of exposure but following trends on other platforms helps stay aware of new trends.
- Decide on your audience or the industry- It is suggested to tie your brand around the industry that you have been working on, if you feel that your industry is large and undefined you can always refrain to picking a set of homogeneous segment within the said industry. If you feel like your affiliation towards any industry is low another way to have a targeting tactic is to decide the kind of audience you would like to cater to. For example: Digital Deepak, a digital renowned digital marketer, caters to the audiences who specifically have shown some interest in the digital field.
- Share your expertise- creativity is a form that is said to be the most required skill for the future job market and if you feel like you are good at something that might benefit people like you as an individual or as a brand showcase it and add a creative value towards your personal branding goals.
- Own a domain- owning a domain that reflects your style helps display your authenticity in a much more intricate way, although it is advised to own a domain once you have found the flair of your style and are confident about where you want to head as a brand. Dot-com is the best way to go about it if the extension is available for your brand name as it is easier to remember for your audience as opposed to dot-org or dot-in
- Develop a value proposition- adding value or creating value for your users is another way to build a strong brand, if you are new to value proposition here are a few pointers you should think about-
- What would you like to offer your audience? (It can be as simple as entertainment, information etc)
- Why would they be interested?
- Are you addressing their needs or helping them solve a problem?
- What makes you different
6. Two way communication- it is always a good idea to talk with an intention to start a conversation, do not talk alone, many of the famous personalities or brands on general are often seeing getting in touch with their audience by going live on social media or starting a conversation in the comment box, do not be disheartened if you are trolled, it is a part of the branding journey. Q and A sessions are also a good way to start a conversation or to stay updated with your audience’s preferences.
7. Get a logo- Your photo is who you are and the chances of it getting lost in the mix is quite high, having a logo to represent your brand gives an additional remembrance value and it adds quirk, it takes a little extra effort but it is completely worth it.
8. Use keywords- for the purpose of search engines and for the reason to make it easier for the people to associate some words with your brand, use keywords, these keywords can be further incorporated in the ways you use content for communication.
Another easy way to get a good grip on personal branding with minimal risk is to find a launch pad that has all the required tools for your needs. Introducing ACHIEVER NETWORK a platform to be on and explore all the possibilities right from creating a page to start building your network, with coaches and counselors to help you with the smallest of difficulty and all of it just a click away!
If you wish to leave your mark, at Achiever Network we are ready with a permanent ink to create pieces of art with your personal branding goals.